Gemini IP Camera Viewer
The Gemini IP Camera Viewer App developed for Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router owners works on your iPhone and offers quick and easy access to IP Camera video streams over Wi-Fi and GSM networks.
People on the go who want to monitor their home/office using their iOS 5.1 iPhone and people in need of guidance for enrolling their newly-bought WPS enabled IP cameras to the network.
Typical Setup Scenario
An IP camera connected in the user's home LAN is streaming video in M-JPEG format. The router catering to the LAN is a Cisco Connect Cloud compatible router, i.e. its firmware has Cisco Connect Cloud API support. The user has previously created a Cisco Connect Cloud account associated to the router.
The user installs the Gemini IP Camera Viewer on his iPhone. The user enters the Cisco Connect Cloud account credentials into the application. The application logs into the Cisco Connect Cloud using the user provided credentials and sends commands to the router via Cisco Connect Cloud. Viewing the video stream on the iPhone is a two-phase process. The router is first instructed to perform device discovery. When the device discovery process is completed, the IP camera is identified based on model and type information. The router is then instructed to forward the IP camera's stream to a port which can be accessed from outside the LAN. The user is now able to view the video stream on his iPhone.
- IP camera setup assistance using the integrated wizard, which guides the user through enrolling WPS-enabled IP cameras in the Wi-Fi network for the first time in a few simple steps.
- Seamless camera communication setup using the Cisco Connect Cloud account. The Cisco Connect Cloud sits between the user's iPhone device and the router which caters to the user's home/office LAN.
- Automatic authentication for supported models. Default authentication information is stored for supported camera models.
- Viewer for IP cameras streaming video in M-JPEG format. The application allows the user to view video streamed by his IP cameras in his home/office LAN in real time.
- Compatible with IP cameras streaming video in M-JPEG format (no sound available).
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4S
- iPod touch (3rd generation)
- iPod touch (4th generation)
OS: Requires iOS 5.1 or later.
Routers/Cisco Connect Cloud:
- Requires a Cisco Connect Cloud compatible router: EA2700, EA3500, EA4500, E4200v2.
- Requires a Cisco Connect Cloud account associated with the router controlling the user's LAN.
- In order to view the video streams from outside of your LAN, your Router must have a PUBLIC IP.
IP Cameras: The following ip camera models are currently supported:
- Linksys WVC80N
- D-Link Internet Security DCS-2130, Wireless N